Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some Just Don't Worth It !!!!

I read a blog post somewhere and I do remember a couple of lines on a blog. I quote "Don't pay attention to people who don't pay attention to you. Don't give importance to those who don't give importance to you." I guess thats true sometimes, but all I can say is humans are sentimental fools. Sentiments run so high in humans that sometimes they do things for others embarrasing themselves.

Anyway one thing I learnt from people around me is that we shouldn't do things for people who don't know the importance of favor or have no gratitude for what you have done for them. For example, if someone helped me pack and ship my stuff because I am leaving town the next day, its a minimum courtesy on my part to tell them before leaving the next day. If I think its not necessary to tell them then I don't deserve their help.
One more thing that I learnt watching people around me is that never do things for people if they don't ask for it. Some people don't worth it. The more you do for them the more you become cheap to them. And by the time you realize it, you have already become a laughing stock. The more you do for them they just keep using you. And the most ridiculous is when they tell you that they never asked for it. And you just did it because you wanted to do.
So I think caring about people is well and good. But some just don't worth it. We just have to look out for the unworthy type before its too late. Or one day after 3 years you get screwed.

P.S. : The views of the author are mostly by observing others and not personal. :P

6 comments:

  1. "The more you do for them the more you become cheap to them. And by the time you realize it, you have already become a laughing stock".

    I like these lines :)

    Infact, I have had very bad experiences in the past, because of helping others when they geniuenly didnt need it.

    I personally don't see any point in selfless help other than just making yourself a laughing stock. Why make all kinds of sacrifices and get yourself in trouble. I already have millions of my own problems to take care of.

    "Take care if yourself, the world will take care of itself" is what I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vijay
    "Take care if yourself, the world will take care of itself"... well said.. totally agree no this statement. Feel sorry for you for having such bad expirences.. hopefully u r over them.. take care my friend.. its a cruel world out there...
    Thanks for visiting my blog... If u have a blog leave the link here... I would love to read your blog.. cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch Nadodigal....It same as you talk above

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous... is that a tamil movie.. i think i saw it in bits and pieces.. thanks for visitingmy blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I experienced it...:)i have this experience more than my job experience :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Jyotsna..
    Sorry to hear that.. I wish no one experiences such a thing.. :)

    ReplyDelete