Thursday, October 22, 2009

UNT Home Coming!!!

Last weekend I went to a collage football game. UNT vs FAU. It was a home coming game. Never knew that the homecoming games are so much fun. There was a small size fair near the ground. There were games, food... and above all free t-shirts. (Well free t-shirts are like hot cakes.. ;)). Though I don't go to school at UNT but my brother goes to UNT and I was supporting his school's football team on their home coming.

This was the first football game I went to watch. The crowd was great. Though the game started at 7:00 pm, the celebrations began way before, at about 2:00 pm. There was a cool parade of cheerleaders, army trucks, vintage cars, scouts, veterans, cheerleaders, cheerleaders, cheerleaders ..... ;). It was a nice parade. Me along with my brother and his friends followed the parade to the fair grounds.

This is where the fun stated. The whole place was filled with people. Then there were fun games, food, people painting their faces. There were grills all over the place in the parking lots. It was like a celebration. I don't know what they were celebrating.. :) ... Well I too became a part of it. Spray painted my hair green, had a tattoo on my hand.. and went to the game.

For long time I wanted to go to a football game. Actually wanted to go to cowboys game but never got a chance. So finally went to a college football game. The kickoff was at 7:00 pm. The stadium was almost fully packed. So much noise. People shouting. I too shouted alot .... (After the game I had a sour throat..) .. Anyway the home team lost the game but I watched till half time only. Though I watched only half the game but still it was fun.

I had so much fun by just watching a school game. Now I am imagining watching a pro game... It will be a hell of an experience. Though I didn't had any knowledge of football before I came to US, now I love the sport. Though it hasn't reached the place in my heart that cricket holds, it is still one of the top 5 sports I like. Hopefully I will see cowboy's game this season.

6 comments:

  1. the cheer girls got my attention more then the game :P...its nice u had so much fun...send me the pic with green hair and the tattoo :)...i to want that free tshirt fedex me one :)...

    urs..hemu..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer girls were never tht good when I was in school ... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Hemanth...
    shhhh.. u shouldn't say things like that out loud.. ;)... and regarding fedexing a free tshirt.. isn't its better u get one there itself.. :P ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Raghav...
    hahahaha... raghav don't cry.. I will send u pics occasionally... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Raghav: They still look the same ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @K3..
    No macha.. they look better than the last ones you guys had.. lol :P

    ReplyDelete