Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Anger Ruin Lives!!!


Anger ruin lives.... Anger is like a hot rock that we intend to throw on others. But in the end, the only person it burns is us. The action undertaken in anger and the harsh words spoken in anger leaves scars long after the emotion has subsided. Of course anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one. Sometimes we do things or say harsh things in anger which hurts both the giver (of course later) and the receiver. We say a lot of things in anger which we don't mean but sometimes they leave a scar on the other person. And by the time we realize its too late.

Here is a short story I came across on how anger is a bad thing and how it effects to the person around us.

There were 2 friends, call them X and Y. X had a very bad temper and will say whatever came to mind when angry to Y. So one day Y gave X a bag of nails and told X that X should hammer a nail in the fence whenever angry. First day X hammered like 30 nails into the fence. Over a few weeks X managed to control anger and the no. of nails into the fence gradually decreased. And a day came when X didn't had to hammer a single nail in the fence.

So X told Y "I'm able to control my anger". Now Y suggested X to pull out one nail each day X didn't loose temper. The days passes by and finally one day X told Y all the nails are gone. Y showed the fence to X and said, " You have done well my friend but look at the holes in the fence. It can never be the same. When you say things in anger they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there."

X realized how Y felt all the time whenever X lost temper and said harsh things to Y. X said "I hope you can forgive me for all the scars I left in you." Y smiled and replied "I guess I can." And after that day X never lost temper on Y again.

Well that was the end of the story with a happy ending but I don't know how many times that happens.. :). Well the point is if you are angry on someone try to pacify your anger. Don't say harsh things to the person. Even if you don't mean it, it leaves a scar just like the holes in the fence and by the time we realize its too late. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.

Well I have to admit there were times when I lost my temper too.. but I hope I haven't left any holes. And if I have please forgive me.

10 comments:

  1. X: Sorry Y, for whatever scars I have left and I'll try to avoid making any scars further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ venki..
    I guess that would have a better ending line.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one...it is very true...words hurt more than anything else...

    In tamil there is a famous thirikural

    "theeyinal sutta pun ullarum...aaradhu naavinal sutta vadu"

    meaning,

    "Even the wounds caused by fire will heal eventually, but the wounds caused by words cannot be healed"

    But you know what the weird thing is, people expect you to follow the above saying, but they behave as if it is not meant for them...

    They abuse, tease, scold, shout, criticize, tear ppl apart, cheat, hurt, laugh and do all sorts of things...but when we slightly retaliate with anger...they all become preachers and say "do not get angry....blah blah blah..." ....

    nalla ulagamada edhu....

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog gokul

    ReplyDelete
  5. anger ruins the relations also....u took the words from me...so truly said bro :)..

    urs..hemu..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Vijay
    Yes vijay.. well said.. I know people like that.. They say they don't mean anything what they say in anger but it always leaves a scar.

    @vinay..
    Thnx vinay

    @ hemanth..
    Ya relationships and lives both are ruined. did u post something like this?? i didn't see. when did u?

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty true... Ur posts are good... I recently started to write blog..

    www.downindark.blogspot.com

    can you please pass it on to couple of frnds... post some comments for my posts..
    thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ dark waters

    Thanks for the comment. Ya sure I can do that.. Liked your blog too..

    ReplyDelete