Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why on hell did I stop drinking soda?


No idea why I suddenly on 01/01/2009 decided that I will not drink soda for a year. Well before that I used to drink so much soda. I told myself "No Soda". My motto "No Soda". Whenever I saw soda "No Soda".

Well the thing is I was gaining weight. So decided to cut down on calories (Well guys who know me very well, try not to laugh). So the new year resolution was "No Soda, No Potatoes". Well yes, no potatoes either but that lasted only for may be a week. (Big fan of fries). If given a chance I would have taken the place of Morgan Spurlock in Super Size Me. :)

Anyhow that thing aside so I decided not to drink soda. Said to myself, "Let's be strong Gokul. We can do it." Lot of my friends encouraged and made fun of me. Some said good for you. Some said well we will see how long you can stand. Some said I bet u can't pull it off. One even said as I recall, "Who on Earth stops drinking soda, you should go to Hell."

Well last night its over. So after 5 months and 18 days I finally drank a Pepsi last night and need to tell you guys, it was like "WOW". Really when we don't taste something we like for a while and have it after a long time its just awesome. I was thinking, "Why on hell did I stop drinking soda?" Anyhow I wasn't going to drink soda for another 6 and half months but I was sick for a couple of days and my sister-in-law suggested I should have a soda that will give me some relief. She even brought sparking soda for me. But I thought I better have a Pepsi.

Well the point is when we miss something in life that we love a lot and we get it back its always very special. The pain and suffering we go through in the process simply worth it. Mark my word.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... good for u gokul... atleast u thought again u will not have SODA for another 6 1/2 months

    avvunu photo emiti antha slim ga vunnadi pettavu.... :)lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did have a choice, sparkling water (carbonated water) or pepsi. Hmm...You should have chosen sparkling water and continued your resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sujatha
    who told i will not have soda for the next 6 and half months? didn't u see the last two lines.. u only let things slip through ur hands once. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ syamala

    Soda is soda.. either its coke or sparkling water... same difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breaking News: Pepsi & Coke shares went up yesterday...and economy is going up!!! Bravo Gokul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey
    u r ryt! completely agree with u..

    bt i hope u dont go back to drinking soda again.. :P

    cheers
    swetha

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Swetha..
    Lot of people have asked me that not to go back to soda.. but u know if we miss something and its comes back to u.. never leave it again.. ;) there's always a reason it came back to u..

    ReplyDelete
  9. soda manesava anna :P...sarle nenu manedam ani trying ikada :P..

    urs..hemu..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ hemanth..
    Malli modaleta le.. its not very hard to leave soda.. all the best...

    ReplyDelete